Tutors | The Prep Center
- Owner, director, and tutor
- B.S. in secondary education, UW-Madison
- Experience in alternative education, special education, and advanced learning
- More than 10 years tutoring for the ACT and SAT
- More than 10 years working as a professional, private tutor
Emily’s main strength as a tutor is supporting each student on their individual academic path. She builds a relationship with each student and family and has been working with many of her clients for years. She works with students with a wide range of unique abilities including, for example: twice gifted, ADD, ADHD, autism, epilepsy, and processing disorders.
- High school math teacher, all levels
- Graduate of UC-Boulder, degree in math analytics
- Teaches statistics & AP statistics
- Former football player and current high school track coach
Justin brings a wealth of experience to our team, as he currently teaches math at every level at a local high school. He loves working with young people and coaching them to achieve their best. Justin has deep knowledge in all areas of math and has taught everything from Algebra to AP Statistics.
- UW-Madison: psychology and human development and family studies
- Mentorship experience with students struggling with mental health
- Experience tutoring students with disabilities
- Subjects: English, reading, math, and sciences including biology, chemistry, psychology
Carlie is very passionate about working with students, specifically those who are struggling with mental health or a learning disability. She has valuable experience with these students. Carlie intends to pursue a career as a school psychologist. She loves being able to help her students flourish inside and outside the classroom with academic skills, executive functioning skills, and social skills.
- Expertise with middle school curriculum, grades 5-9
- Experience with math bridging programs
- UW-Madison civil and environmental engineering major
- Tutors math, science, and literacy
- Tutors French at all levels and beginning Spanish
Isabel has worked with children in a variety of teaching settings, including as a swim instructor, camp counselor, and as a mentor to teenagers. Her career aspirations have taken her toward math and science, but she also has a passion for language and working with children. Isabel teaches her students to explore and have fun with technical subjects.
- Elementary education major at UW-Madison
- Experience tutoring 3rd - 5th graders
- Tutors all subjects from elementary to middle school
- Specializes in teaching organizational skills
- Aspiring social studies teacher, tutors AP US history
We're happy to welcome Luke to our team as our first tutor specializing in elementary education. As a kid, Luke struggled to stay organized and focused at school. Through his tutoring experience, Luke has found that he is able to connect with students with similar struggles and lead their growth and development.
- Native French speaker
- Tutors Spanish and French at all levels
- UW-Madison, master’s student in industrial engineering
- B.S. in industrial engineering, UW-Platteville
- Also tutors physics, and math through algebra and geometry
Carole is currently doing a master's program at UW-Madison. She’s a very social and friendly person with previous experience working as a tutor. She enjoys tutoring a variety of subjects including French, Spanish, math, and physics. Some of her other interests include reading, cooking, and traveling.
- Over five years’ experience working as a professional tutor
- Tutors multiple subjects at a wide range of levels, from elementary to AP
- Tutors Spanish 1-5
- UW-Madison journalism and political science major, with L&S Honors
- ACT, SAT, & PSAT tutor
Courtney came to The Prep Center with plenty of experience! She says, “I love helping others, and I specifically enjoy getting to see students improve both in their schoolwork and in their confidence.” Courtney excels at teaching all her students study skills and academic organization, covering a wide range of subjects. Her schedule will fill up, so schedule soon!
- UW-Madison materials science and engineering major
- Tutors from algebra to AP calculus AB and BC, and multivariable calculus
- Tutors chemistry, physics, and history at any level
- Currently researching applications of nanomaterials
- Proud member of the UW-Madison Marching Band
Simon has always had a passion for math and science, and his favorite classes to tutor are calculus, physics, and chemistry. In addition, Simon loves US, European, and classical/ancient history. He has experience in leadership and mentorship as a proud Eagle Scout. Simon plans to pursue a graduate degree in material science and engineering after graduating from the UW and continue his research in nanomaterials.
- Tutors Spanish 1-5 and AP Spanish
- Also tutors math at all levels
- Experience in 10 AP classes. Yes, 10!
- Versatile in tutoring multiple subjects
- National Merit Scholar
We are happy to welcome Ragini to our team. Ragini attends UW-Madison, majoring in neurobiology and Spanish. She is an excellent role model for our students, as a National Merit Scholar and winner of the Martin Luther King outstanding young person award. Ragini works hard to build each student’s skills and self-confidence. She says that nothing is more rewarding than seeing her students flourish in their classes and become more confident overall.
- Experience working with students elementary to high school
- Tutors math, physics, and computer science
- West High School cross country, former captain and volunteer coach
- Current studio art major at Carleton College
Sean has college level experience in math, computer science, and physics. Outside of these subjects, art, sports, and music are things in which he has a deep interest. Sean grew up in Madison and has experience learning in the MMSD school district. Sean is a great role model for students as he was a 4.0 student at West High School and has coached the cross country team. Math physics was his favorite class!
- Electrical engineering major at UW-Madison
- Over three years in professional leadership positions
- Experienced math and physics tutor, up to AP level
- Organized, trained, and mentored students in multiple work settings
Madison has a passion for helping others and loves sharing her knowledge. She is strong in math and physical sciences as well as general studies. Madison has worked in a variety of leadership positions and is adept at coaching students to achieve their best. In addition to core subjects, she teaches organization, study techniques, and test-taking strategies.
- Tutors math at all levels, including AP calculus
- Tutors physics, chemistry, & calculus
- ACT, SAT, PSAT, & AP tutor
- Graduate of UW-Madison, genetics major
- Certificates in computer science and global health
- Plans to attend medical school, pursuing MD/PhD
Megan has always had a love for school but says that high school was the time where her favorite subjects began to emerge. Megan is one of our veteran tutors with years of experience working with high school students in many upper level & AP classes. Megan says, “I look forward to guiding your child in their education and beyond.” Personally, she is on her way to medical school, pursuing an MD/PhD with a focus on genetics.
- Wisconsin High School Teacher of Excellence Award winner
- B.S. in secondary education from UW-Madison
- Alternative education certification, Marion University
- More than 10 years’ experience teaching high school English
- 5 years working as a private tutor
- Experience working with children with unique abilities and at-risk youth
- Pursuing a Master of Education, Reading Specialist
Blair comes to The Prep Center with over a decade of experience in education, and her resume speaks for itself. Her specialties include reading, writing, and grammar. Is your child struggling with writing essays? Blair can help!
- Tutors math and science at all levels
- UW-Madison chemical engineering major
- Badger Volunteer at Jefferson Middle School and Sherman Middle School
- Special Olympics volunteer
Nicole has experience working with students of all abilities and cannot wait to help! She is a real people person and will definitely connect with your child right away. When she’s not studying, Nicole enjoys spending time with family, friends, and volunteering. She definitely has a passion for science and wants to inspire others!