Tutors | The Prep Center
- Owner, director, and tutor
- B.S. in Secondary Education, UW-Madison
- Experience in alternative education, special education, and advanced learning
- More than 10 years tutoring for the ACT and SAT
- More than 10 years working as a professional tutor
Emily’s main strength as a tutor is supporting each student on their individual academic path. She builds a relationship with each student and family and has been working with many of her clients for years. She works with students with a wide range of unique abilities including students on the Autism Spectrum, ADHD, dyslexia, processing disorders, twice gifted, and epilepsy.
- Experience tutoring students from many local schools
- Tutors math grades 6 to 12
- Experience with private and alternative school curriculums
- UW Student majoring in Mathematics and Data Science
- Tutors Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2/Trig, Calculus AB and BC
Maria has quickly become one of our most in-demand tutors! She has worked with math students from many schools in the area, and is very familiar with course curriculums at each school. She says that no matter the level or class, she is ready to work with any math student. Maria also has a positive attitude and is all about growth mindset.
- Tutors math, grades 9-12
- Test Prep tutor for ACT, AP Calc, AP Stats
- Former teacher, high school math including AP Statistics
- Graduate of UC-Boulder, degree in Math Analytics
- Pursuing an MBA in Accounting and Finance
Justin brings a wealth of experience to our team, as he formerly taught math at a local high school. Justin currently works for a financial firm, and is pursuing his MBA in Accounting and Finance. He loves working with young people and coaching them to achieve their best. Justin has been working on test prep. with our ACT students, with excellent results. He has a deep knowledge in all areas of math and has taught everything from Algebra to AP Statistics.
- Over six years experience working as a professional tutor
- ACT, SAT, and AP test prep.
- Tutors multiple subjects at a wide range of levels, from Elementary to AP
- Multilingual: Spanish, German, Chinese, Romanian
- UW-Madison Electrical Engineering major
Silvia has a personality that lights up the room! She is an engaging tutor and has many years’ experience working with students of all ages. She says, “I strive to make it interesting for them and turn it into a class they look forward to attending.” Silvia has taught topics ranging from engineering to math to tennis.
- Spanish tutor, Elementary to Spanish 2
- Tutors math grades 3 - 6
- Follows Common Core math curriculum
- Supports young students
Chloe is friendly, supportive, and kind. She has worked with youth in a variety of settings, including teaching clarinet lessons. Chloe has also tutored for Spanish classes, up to Spanish 2. She is a versatile tutor, teaching a range of age levels and subjects.
- Math, Chemistry, and Biology tutor
- Zoology and Conservation Biology major at UW Madison
- Mentor through the Center for Academic Excellence
- Experience as a ski instructor at Devil’s Head Ski Resort
Lily has tutored students in many math classes, chemistry, and biology. She is eager to utilize her knowledge to support students of any age. She has worked with youth as a ski instructor and also as a camp counselor for Camp Kesem. Lily is a passionate teacher and loves creating a fun, comfortable, and safe learning environment tailored to each of her students.
- National Merit Scholar: Finalist
- Tutors for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT
- Student at UW Madison studying Biomedical Engineering
Please welcome Samantha to our team! She is well versed in all areas of test taking and standardized test prep. Samantha enjoys helping students to learn, build their self confidence, and achieve their goals. In high school, Samantha worked as a tutor and was involved in many extracurricular activities.
- French tutor, all levels, grades 6-12
- Pursuing a BS in French and Botany, UW Madison
- Studied abroad in France
Carston is a Senior at UW, and is considering teaching next year. His drive for sharing knowledge and teaching guides him in every interaction. Carston’s charisma and friendly spirit is sure to bring a comfortable environment for any student interested in expanding their knowledge about French culture and language, about which he is enthusiastically passionate.
- Biochemistry and Global Health major at UW Madison
- Test Prep, Chemistry, Math, and English Tutor
- 5 years experience working with children, including those with different abilities
- Provides assistance on college applications and essays
- Former UW Madison rower and current marathon runner
Kylie is a versatile, compassionate, and experienced tutor. She is a current senior at UW Madison pursuing two majors (biochemistry and global health) and two minors (studio art and environmental science). Kylie enjoys working with students of all ages on anything from test prep, to AP courses, to college application essays. She loves working as a tutor because of the connections she makes with students and the opportunity to help empower them to achieve their goals. Her hobbies include running, painting, and watching movies!
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Education and WI Teaching License
- B.S. in Statistics, certificate in Math, UW Madison
- Tutors upper level math, high school math courses
- Algebra 3, Statistics, Pre. Clac., Calculus AB and BC
We are happy to welcome William to our team! His career aspiration is to become a high school math teacher, and he is currently on track towards his Master’s in Education at UW Madison. William has a passion for teaching and working with youth. He teaches his students to explore and have fun with technical subjects.
- Computer Science major at UW Madison, with certificate in Math
- Tutors math, grades 5-9
- Experienced middle school writing tutor
- Executive functioning, organization, all around support
- Coding for Youth teacher
Nicole is a caring, supportive, all-around tutor. From her work as a nanny, to a coding teacher, to a math & language arts tutor, Nicole has always loved working with children. Nicole says she wants to tutor to support students and help them develop important skills, especially in middle school and early high school as they become more independent in their school work.
- Mathematics major at UW Madison
- Studies at UW Madison MELD lab
- Tutors all levels of math, Elementary through Calculus
- Works with students with disabilities
- Mentor through Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Also tutors Biology and AP Biology
Are you looking for a math person who loves working with kids? Phoebe is your person! She has mentored and tutored kids in a variety of settings over the years, and is a self proclaimed lover of math. Check out what she is working on over at the MELD lab - That is UW’s Mathematics Education Learning and Development lab.
- Tutors from algebra to AP calculus AB and BC
- Tutors chemistry, physics, and history at any level
- UW-Madison materials science and engineering major
- Proud member of the UW-Madison Marching Band
Simon's greatest strength as a tutor is explaining why things work the way they do. If your student is in an advanced class and wants to know even more, Simon is the right fit for you. He is able to break down difficult concepts and help students to truly understand each topic, not just memorize formulas.
- Wisconsin High School Teacher of Excellence Award winner
- B.S. in secondary education from UW-Madison
- Alternative education certification, Marion University
- More than 10 years’ experience teaching high school English
- 5 years working as a private tutor
- Experience working with children with unique abilities and at-risk youth
- Pursuing a Master of Education degree, Reading Specialist
Blair comes to The Prep Center with over a decade of experience in education, and her resume speaks for itself. Her specialties include reading, writing, and grammar. Is your child struggling with writing essays? Blair can help!