Tutors | The Prep Center
- Owner, director, and tutor
- B.S. in secondary education, UW-Madison
- Experience in alternative education, special education, and advanced learning
- More than 10 years tutoring for the ACT and SAT
- More than 10 years working as a professional, private tutor
Emily’s main strength as a tutor is supporting each student on their individual academic path. She builds a relationship with each student and family and has been working with many of her clients for years. She works with students with a wide range of unique abilities including, for example: twice gifted, ADD, ADHD, autism spectrum, epilepsy, and processing disorders.
- National Merit Scholar, tutors for the PSAT, SAT, and ACT
- Tutors Spanish 1-5 and AP Spanish
- Also tutors math at all levels
- Experience in 10 AP classes. Yes, 10!
- Versatile in tutoring multiple subjects
Ragini attends UW-Madison, majoring in neurobiology and Spanish. She is an excellent role model for our students, as a National Merit Scholar and winner of the Martin Luther King outstanding young person award. Ragini works hard to build each student’s skills and self-confidence. She says that nothing is more rewarding than seeing her students flourish in their classes and become more confident overall.
- Electrical engineering major at UW-Madison
- Test prep. tutor: ACT, SAT, and PSAT
- Experienced math and physics tutor, up to AP level
- Provides academic coaching
Madison has a passion for helping others and loves sharing her knowledge. She is strong in math and physical sciences as well as test prep. Madison is adept at coaching students to achieve their best. In addition to core subjects, she teaches study techniques and test-taking strategies.
- Mathematics major at UW Madison
- Studies at UW Madison MELD lab
- Tutors all levels of math, Elementary through Calculus
- Works with students with disabilities
- Mentor through Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Also tutors Biology and AP Biology
Are you looking for a math person who loves working with kids? Phoebe is your person! She has mentored and tutored kids in a variety of settings over the years, and is a self proclaimed lover of math. Check out what she is working on over at the MELD lab - That is UW’s Mathematics Education Learning and Development lab.
- Over five years tutoring experience
- Tutors math grades 6 to 12
- UW Student majoring in Mathematics and Data Science
- Tutors Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2/Trig, Calculus AB and BC
Maria is new to The Prep Center team, but comes in with plenty of tutoring experience. She says that no matter the level or class, she is ready to work with any math student. Maria also has a positive attitude and is all about growth mindset.
- Computer Science major at UW Madison, with certificate in Math
- Tutors math, grades 5-9
- Experienced middle school writing tutor
- Executive functioning, organization, all around support
- Coding for Youth teacher
Nicole is a caring, supportive, all-around tutor. From her work as a nanny, to a coding teacher, to a math & language arts tutor, Nicole has always loved working with children. Nicole says she wants to tutor to support students and help them develop important skills, especially in middle school and early high school as they become more independent in their school work.
- High school math teacher, all levels
- Graduate of UC-Boulder, degree in math analytics
- Teaches statistics & AP statistics
- Former football player and current high school track coach
Justin brings a wealth of experience to our team, as he currently teaches math at every level at a local high school. He loves working with young people and coaching them to achieve their best. Justin has deep knowledge in all areas of math and has taught everything from Algebra to AP Statistics.
- Native French speaker
- Tutors Spanish and French at all levels
- UW-Madison, master’s student in industrial engineering
- B.S. in industrial engineering, UW-Platteville
- Also tutors physics, and math
Carole is currently doing a master's program at UW-Madison. She’s a very social and friendly person with previous experience working as a tutor. She enjoys tutoring a variety of subjects including French, Spanish, math, and physics. Some of her other interests include reading, cooking, and traveling.
- Tutors from algebra to AP calculus AB and BC
- Tutors chemistry, physics, and history at any level
- UW-Madison materials science and engineering major
- Proud member of the UW-Madison Marching Band
Simon's greatest strength as a tutor is explaining why things work the way they do. If your student is in an advanced class and wants to know even more, Simon is the right fit for you. He is able to break down difficult concepts and help students to truly understand each topic, not just memorize formulas.
- Wisconsin High School Teacher of Excellence Award winner
- B.S. in secondary education from UW-Madison
- Alternative education certification, Marion University
- More than 10 years’ experience teaching high school English
- 5 years working as a private tutor
- Experience working with children with unique abilities and at-risk youth
- Pursuing a Master of Education degree, Reading Specialist
Blair comes to The Prep Center with over a decade of experience in education, and her resume speaks for itself. Her specialties include reading, writing, and grammar. Is your child struggling with writing essays? Blair can help!
- Expertise with middle school curriculum, grades 5-9
- Experience with math bridging programs
- UW-Madison civil and environmental engineering major
- Tutors math, science, and literacy
- Tutors French at all levels and beginning Spanish
Isabel has worked with children in a variety of teaching settings, including as a swim instructor, camp counselor, and as a mentor to teenagers. Her career aspirations have taken her toward math and science, but she also has a passion for language and working with children. Isabel teaches her students to explore and have fun with technical subjects.
- Over five years’ experience working as a professional tutor
- Tutors multiple subjects at a wide range of levels, from elementary to AP
- Tutors Spanish 1-5
- UW-Madison journalism and political science major, with L&S Honors
- ACT, SAT, & PSAT tutor
Courtney came to The Prep Center with plenty of experience! She says, “I love helping others, and I specifically enjoy getting to see students improve both in their schoolwork and in their confidence.” Courtney excels at teaching all her students study skills and academic organization, covering a wide range of subjects. Her schedule will fill up, so schedule soon!