Tutors | The Prep Center
- Owner, director, and tutor
- B.S. in Secondary Education, UW-Madison
- Experience in alternative education, special education, and advanced learning
- More than 10 years tutoring for the ACT and SAT
- More than 10 years working as a professional tutor
Emily’s main strength as a tutor is supporting each student on their individual academic path. She builds a relationship with each student and family and has been working with many of her clients for years. She works with students with a wide range of unique abilities including students on the Autism Spectrum, ADHD, dyslexia, processing disorders, twice gifted, and epilepsy.
- Experience tutoring students from many local schools
- Tutors math grades 6 to 12
- Experience with private and alternative school curriculums
- UW Student majoring in Mathematics and Data Science
- Tutors Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2/Trig, Calculus AB and BC
Maria has quickly become one of our most in-demand tutors! She has worked with math students from many schools in the area, and is very familiar with course curriculums at each school. She says that no matter the level or class, she is ready to work with any math student. Maria also has a positive attitude and is all about growth mindset.
- Tutors math grades 3 - 12, including AP Calc AB and BC
- Tutors Spanish 1 and 2
- Tutors history and social studies
- Works with students with disabilities
- Executive function skills, organization, academic coaching
Chloe is a supportive, all-around tutor. She has experience tutoring in a variety of settings, including East High School in Madison and Badger Volunteers. Chloe says she wants to support students and help them develop important skills, especially in middle school and early high school as they become more independent in their school work. At UW Madison, Chloe is majoring in history, with certificates in math and education policy.
- Tutors math, grades 9-12
- Test Prep tutor for ACT, AP Calc, AP Stats
- Former teacher, high school math including AP Statistics
- Graduate of UC-Boulder, degree in Math Analytics
- Pursuing an MBA in Accounting and Finance
Justin brings a wealth of experience to our team, as he formerly taught math at a local high school. Justin currently works for a financial firm, and is pursuing his MBA in Accounting and Finance. He loves working with young people and coaching them to achieve their best. Justin has been working on test prep. with our ACT students, with excellent results. He has a deep knowledge in all areas of math and has taught everything from Algebra to AP Statistics.
- National Merit Scholar, PSAT, SAT, and ACT tutor
- Tutors math at all levels, Elementary through Calculus BC
- Tutors high school Biology, Chemistry, and English
- Student at UW Madison studying Biomedical Engineering
- Works with students with disabilities
Samantha is an excellent role model for our students. As a National Merit Scholar, she is well versed in all areas of test taking and standardized test prep. Samantha enjoys helping students to learn, build their self confidence, and achieve their goals. Her greatest strength as a tutor is explaining why things work the way they do. She is able to break down difficult concepts and help students to truly understand each topic, not just memorize formulas.
- French tutor, all levels, grades 6-12
- Pursuing a BS in French and Botany, UW Madison
- Studied abroad in France
Carston is a Senior at UW, and is considering teaching next year. His drive for sharing knowledge and teaching guides him in every interaction. Carston’s charisma and friendly spirit is sure to bring a comfortable environment for any student interested in expanding their knowledge about French culture and language, about which he is enthusiastically passionate.
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Education and WI Teaching License
- B.S. in Statistics, certificate in Math, UW Madison
- Tutors upper level math, high school math courses
- Algebra 3, Statistics, Pre. Clac., Calculus AB and BC
We are happy to welcome William to our team! His career aspiration is to become a high school math teacher, and he is currently on track towards his Master’s in Education at UW Madison. William has a passion for teaching and working with youth. He teaches his students to explore and have fun with technical subjects.
- Kylie is not taking new students at this time
- Biochemistry and Global Health major at UW Madison
- Test Prep, Chemistry, Math, and English Tutor
- 5 years experience working with children, including those with different abilities
- Provides assistance on college applications and essays
- Former UW Madison rower and current marathon runner
Kylie is a versatile, compassionate, and experienced tutor. She is a current senior at UW Madison pursuing two majors (biochemistry and global health) and two minors (studio art and environmental science). Kylie enjoys working with students of all ages on anything from test prep, to AP courses, to college application essays. She loves working as a tutor because of the connections she makes with students and the opportunity to help empower them to achieve their goals. Her hobbies include running, painting, and watching movies!